Make your own KFC sign at KentuckyFriedCruelty.com
The airwaves are silent; as I used to say while on radio watch listening for distress calls at Coast Guard Station Plum Island, "Nothing heard."
I was intriqued with a recent post from a New England School:
Challenges & Issues:I'm intrigued as this takes parts of strategic planning, which most organizations hide behind a veil of proprietary double-talk. I'm also intrigued as they are looking forward and creating a roadmap for success. These are their critical success factors.
1. Hiring Philosophy: How do we balance commitment and expertise?
2. How can we better identify the skills we truly need in our organization?
3. We have a leadership curriculum for our students. We need one for our adults.
4. We must improve evaluation & assessment.
5. As we search for leaders, how can we best balance looking inside and outside of the School community?
1. Leadership Production: Commit to 10 great leaders in 10 years
2. Expand training to include expertise from outside of the School community.
3. Have a more extensive interview procedure for internal candidates seeking new School positions.
4. Create a training team to identify critical skills at key positions.
5. Create an advisory board to mentor leaders.