I want to fuel my own passion for the classroom, students, and teaching.
While I'd thought that my personal situation would make it nearly impossible to keep seeking a school position this year and next, I've carefully evaluated things, and sought out the opinions of my wife, sons, and former spouse, and have decided to not only continue looking but to open the search from just indendent boarding schools to include day schools (and even public schools).
As has been true, I still have a list of criteria to screen possibilities. Here's the criteria for this season's search. The first set of criteria is for all schools. Then there's a set of criteria for boarding schools; the third set of criteria is for day schools and boarding schools which don't meet the boarding criteria. In short, I'll still consider boarding schools which don't meet the boarding school criteria, but they must meet the day school criteria.
Selection Criteria for all schools
- College prep or college bound
- Maintain similar standard of living as current
- Co-ed or all boys
- 325 students, max
- 35% day students, max
- 1:9 faculty:student ratio, max
- 25% international students, max
- 400 students max (upper school)
- Casual dress
- Follows Coalition of Essential Schools or other progressive program
- If private school, must be an "independent" school
- Maximum faculty/student ratio 1:11
The working copy of my criteria for a school community can be found at my listography profile.