Monday, January 30, 2006
Searching for a job vs. being called for a life
I'm not searching for a job, but I am answering "a call." However, unless I get my name "out there" there will be no call at all. I've sent letters to 88 schools, with the last batch going out just this past weekend. It's just a lull, I'm sure, but I want answers.
Things which still need doing:
1. Notes to the folks I've met with over the past couple of weeks.
2. Follow-up with all the headmasters who have replied to my original inquiry.
3. Figure out a way to get the NAIS position postings delivered to my inbox or RSS reader so I don't have to log in to the site every day.
4. Continue networking.
5. Find a couple of other folks who are looking for appointments to independent school faculties and form a cohort or support group.
6. Write a "statement" about my philosophy of working with students, being in a residential community, and teaching.
And who said I didn't have much to do?
Posted by Peter A. Stinson on 1/30/2006