If I'd had an interview, in addition to the questions I outlined below, I'd offer up a few of these in order to get a sense of the school, at least from an organizational leadership & management position:
- What is your competitive position?
- How does the school conduct its strategic planning?
- What are the school's key strategic objectives and timetable for accomplishing them?
- How do you identify the student and market segments your educational programs will address?
- How do you build relationships to attract and retain students, to enhance student performance, to satisfy stakeholders, and to foster new & continuing interactions & positive referrals?
- How do you determine student and stakeholder satisfaction, dissatisfaction, and loyalty?
- How do you select, collect, align, and integrate data and information for tracking daily operations and for tracking overall organizational performance?
- How do you review organizational performance and capabilities?
- How do you make needed data and information available? How do you make them accessible to your workforce, students, stakeholders, suppliers, partners, and collaborators, as appropriate?
- How do you foster an organizational culture conducive to high performance and a motivated workforce?
- How do you manage and organize your workforce to accomplish the work of your organization?
- How do you ensure and improve workplace health, safety, and security?
- What are your organization's core competencies and how do they relate to your mission, competitive environment, and action plans?
- How do you ensure work system and workplace preparedness for disasters or emergencies? How does your disaster and emergency preparedness system consider prevention, management, continuity of operations, and recover?
- What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of student learning and improvement in student learning?
- What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of students' and stakeholders' satisfaction and dissatisfaction?
- What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of student- and stakeholder-perceived value, student persistence, positive referral, and other aspects of building relationships?
- What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of budgetary and financial performance, including measures of cost containment and financial viability.
- What are your current levels and trends in key measures of workforce capability and capacity, including staffing levels, retention, and appropriate skills?
- What are your results for key measures or indicators of accomplishment or your organizational strategy and action plans?
Sadly, it doesn't look like I'll even have the chance to ask some of these questions.